Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Central Honolulu provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Central Honolulu arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (808) 744-2730
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious bio-hazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and bio-hazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
Here is an Example of What We Did
A rental property in Kaneohe had a faulty water-supply line in the upstairs bathroom. The tenant was off island, so the leak was not detected until the tenant in the lower unit noticed discoloration on the ceiling. Upon inspection we found that the ceiling was saturated. We went upstairs and found that the flooring was beginning to cup and the lower wall drywall was saturated. We located the source in the bathroom. We began mitigation which included removing the ceramic tile in the bathroom, laminate flooring in the upstairs bedroom, and the lower 2 feet of drywall in the bedroom. We also had to remove the ceiling in the lower unit living room. We were successful at removing the affected materials and we were able to dry out the wood structure. We had our reconstruction team replace all removed materials. They reinstalled the ceiling, flooring, and sink vanity bringing a new life to the units affected.
About SERVPRO of Central Honolulu
SERVPRO of Central Honolulu specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.