Is Your Honolulu Business At Risk of Fire?
Fire damage in your Honolulu business is a serious concern. The damages can halt business for weeks on end. Unfortunately, no business is immune to the risk of a fire. Certain facilities may be more likely to endure damage from a fire, such as a restaurant that uses open flames. However, fire hazards are present in most workplaces regardless of the work activity throughout the day. When you know what these hazards are, you can take proper steps to address and mitigate those risks and prevent possible fire damage and smoke damage.
When damaged electrical wiring can spark and quickly ignite a fire. Electrical wiring damage may include frayed cords, such as those connecting desktop computers to the wall power outlets. It may also include damage to internal wiring inside the walls, and these may be damaged by rodents, pests and other forces. Electrical fires may also start when power sockets are overloaded or when equipment gets too hot. It is important to periodically review your company's wiring to identify areas of concern that need to be addressed.
Flammable or Combustible Materials
Flammable and combustible materials are most commonly associated with industrial and warehouse environments, yet even restaurants, hotels, dry cleaners and many other types of businesses may store combustible materials on-site. These materials should remain properly sealed according to the manufacturer’s recommendations at all times.
Poor Equipment Maintenance
Other hazards in Honolulu workplaces are related to poor equipment maintenance. For example, failing to replace rusted items, or clean out storage rooms regularly may result in the accumulation of dust and other flammable debris. A gas leak in your business could result in a fire or an explosion. Fire hazards related to poor maintenance may also include dusty, dirty or greasy components, such as air ducts and vents, kitchen exhaust vents and many other features that are used throughout your facility. Scheduling necessary maintenance can decrease fire risk in these areas.
This is just a short list of the possible fire hazards that could result in serious damage in your business. If your Honolulu business has already experienced fire damage, it is essential that repair work is completed as soon as possible. SERVPRO of Central Honolulu is your trusted source for quality repair services. To request assistance with your damaged building, contact us today. You can reach us at (808)-235-5015.