Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
SERVPRO of Central Honolulu is highly trained for the speedy restoration of your home. If you have water damage take these following steps to ensure a full and speedy recovery process.
1. STOP the SOURCE
If the water is flowing, stop the water supply to the direct source. If you are unable to shut off the direct source, shut off your home's water main. In the case you are unaware of where your water shut off is, call the Board of Water Supply. They can direct and inform you of where your water shutoff is.
Call a plumber if you cannot stop the water flow.
2. CALL SERVPRO of Central Honolulu
Call SERVPRO! We offer our services 24 hours a day and will dispatch an emergency technician to begin the mitigation process.
3. CALL YOUR INSURANCE CARRIER
Call your insurance carrier and record your insurance claim number and keep it in an easy to remember and accessible place. With your insurance claim number, SERVPRO can work with your insurance company throughout the mitigation process of your home.
4. PREVENT FURTHER DAMAGES
To prevent any further damages to your home:
- Remove any rugs to prevent bleeding
- Place tin foil or wax paper between furniture and wet carpet
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (808) 235-5015
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.