If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (808) 744-2730

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Who Knew Doing a Simple Chore Could Cause a Devastating House Fire

10/1/2019 (Permalink)

 melted kitchen cabinets with heavy soot settled on counter tops The kitchen in this Kapolei home suffered traumatic loss due to a kitchen fire started in the oven.

Young Boy Turns on "Oven Clean" Button on Stove - Fire Grows to Devastate

Our SERVPRO team received a call to perform restoration services for this Kapolei home after a disastrous house fire. A young man had been given a few chores to complete before leaving home for football practice that evening. One of these chores being to clean the inside of the oven. He hit the "clean oven" button assuming it would get the job done. Little did he know his mother had stored kitchen utensils in the oven. These utensils caught fire, and soon spread to the rest of the kitchen and surrounding walls. After returning home from practice they found fire trucks and firemen had put out the fire in their home. Simply attempting to do chores before football practice resulted in a drastic fire. Our SERVPRO team had to remove all belongings as well as tear out nearly every wall in the home and rebuild as well. 

If you have suffered from fire damage in your home, call our team at SERVPRO (808)744-2730. We specialize in restoration and reconstruction services for fire damage, mold, and storms. Call today for an inspection.

Other News

View Recent Posts