4 Things To Know About Home Fire Sprinklers
The lion’s share of fire deaths occurs in the home. Fire sprinklers are an effective tool which can save lives and diminish property damage. Many times, a fire sprinkler will extinguish the fire prior to the arrival of the fire department. Check out four facts about home sprinkler systems:
- A home fire sprinkler system can cause homeowner’s insurance premiums to be lower.
- The investment in a fire sprinkler system for your home pays off in great ways. Not only you will be able to have more peace of mind knowing you are adding a layer of protection to your home and belongings, your homeowner’s insurance premium may be lower as well.
- Fire sprinklers are environmentally friendly.
- A fire sprinkler uses roughly 10 times less water than the fire department would to contain the same fire. Fire sprinklers are environmentally friendly, because they reduce the amount of run-off water and pollution that fire damages cause.
- Only high temperature smoke will activate a fire sprinkler.
- Rest easy! Your cigar or burnt toast will not activate the sprinkler system.
- Maintenance of a home fire sprinkler system is very easy!
- Inspect your home to ensure there are no objects that would prevent the water from successfully spilling out. Do not paint the fire sprinkler or hang anything from it.
According to the U.S. Fire Administration: “Home fire sprinkler systems help to reduce the risk of civilian and firefighter fatalities and injuries, homeowner insurance premiums, and uninsured property losses. Yet—many homes aren’t equipped with automatic sprinkler systems often seen in hotels and businesses. Help members of your community understand the effectiveness and value of having a fire sprinkler system in their homes.” Click here to learn more from the USFA.
If disaster strikes, SERVPRO of Central Honolulu provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in Oahu. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment