Beware of Dangerous "Red Flag" Weather This Weekend
The trade winds are picking up and will continue with gusto through the weekend. Considering the high temperatures, low humidity and existing dry conditions, the leeward sides of all islands are under a Red Flag warning. You can read more about this weekends conditions here.
Red Flag warnings are issued when the conditions are ideal for dry brush to catch and blow in the wind, which can cause the fire to grow larger.
SERVPRO of Central Honolulu has a few reminders on fire safety to keep your family safe.
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide alarms
- Make sure your smoke alarm has a backup battery
- Use surge protectors
- Consider unplugging unused appliances
- Disconnect motor vehicle batteries in flood-prone areas
- Review your home fire escape plan
- Teach children what smoke alarms sound like and what to do when they hear one