Mold Growth behind cabinets.
"Mold is not something to mess around with."
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors, especially in Hawaii. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business without a professional. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce health effects.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
This home in Kailua had a leak from the upstairs into the Kitchen a different company fixed the leak and then the home sat for almost 1 year. By the time we showed up and removed the cabinets there was mold present and we had to further mitigate.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.